Fixed Functions for Identifying the First and Last Connections for an Entity

Hi all. I built the following beast mode to identify the first and last connection for an entity. It validates and works when I lay out the connection ID and the beast mode in a basic table, but it doesn't really work with any other visuals (I get error messages), and when I tried to use this to build a net new column in Magic ETL, I get error messages surrounding the FIXED function. I want to confirm that we're not able to use FIXED functions in Magic ETL and get a better understanding of what I'm doing wrong.

CASE 

WHEN MAX(MAX(`Connection Date`) FIXED (BY `Entity ID`)) = `Connection Date` AND MIN(MIN(`Connection Date`) FIXED (BY `Entity ID`)) = `Connection Date`

THEN 'Only Touch'

WHEN MAX(MAX(`Connection Date`) FIXED (BY `Entity ID`)) = `Connection Date`

THEN 'Last Touch'

WHEN MIN(MIN(`Connection Date`) FIXED (BY `Entity ID`)) = `Connection Date`

THEN 'First Touch'

ELSE 'Mid Touch'

END 

Tagged:

Comments

• @Domomon Fixed functions are only compatible in Beast Mode. If you are using MagicETL, but the Rank & Window tile provides similar functionality. Based on your use case, I would suggest using a Row Number function, sorted by Connection Date and partitioned by Entity ID in the Rank & Tile Window. Then you can use a formula tile to compare the rank to the total number of connections per Entity.

• Thanks @MichelleH! I'm not quite sure how to do anything per entity without Fixed functions. What's the best way to do things per entity/iterate in Domo?