How do you change the field used for the date range on a card?

I need to make a table with two date fields (report_date and report_sent_date). Domo used to allow you to choose a date field that you used in the Date Range, but now it longer lets me do that.

If I just have report_date, that is the date field used on the card. But whenever I have both, it changes the date field to report_sent_date and does not allow me to change it.

Answers

• I feel like it is a bug that it does this and could be worth reporting to Domo. The workaround I have found is that Domo will use the last date field added to your table card as the date range field. So, if the field that you want to use as your date range is not being used, remove it from your table card and then add it back and it should be the one selected.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • In case other people end up finding this post and are confused, I was told "As mentioned in the dojo article shared by you, I found out that, it is true. It is the functionality of Domo that, it uses the last date field added to your table card as the date range field but specially in table card. In case of bar chart, it always uses the date field which is in X-axis." and Domo claims it isn't a bug at all.

However, this is weird because in another card (table, both as an HTML Table and Mega Table type), I do have the ability to change the date field that is used for the date range on the card.

It seems like it might be a bug and Domo won't admit that they have a bug.

• @mlb I believe it lets you choose a date in the date range field when there is no date field added to the list of columns in the table. Once you add a date field to the table, the option to select a field in the date range is greyed out.

It is odd behavior and would be worth submitting as an enhancement in the ideas exchange to have it never be disabled.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @MarkSnodgrass That would make more sense, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

For the example of it working correctly, the table has the two date fields in the table, and it allows me to switch in between them (and also the last run, but that column isn't in the table).