Beastmode for Datetime to Group by Month in a Mega Table

Hi. I need to create a Logins by Month Mega Table. I have a datetime field for each login. I want to create a beastmode for the month of the login so that I can count by month. I want this column to sort correctly. I am having some trouble finding a good way to write the sortable beastmode for Login Month. Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I often use the LAST_DAY() function to group dates by month and year. It will move all the dates in the month to the last day of the month so then it becomes easier to aggregate.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I often use the LAST_DAY() function to group dates by month and year. It will move all the dates in the month to the last day of the month so then it becomes easier to aggregate.

• Thank you, Mark. That works. I will just have to update the display format on each card to hide the day number, but that's not a big deal. Thank you.

• Depending on what other date fields are in your mega table, you can also use the date range filter and switch the graph by to month and it will format the date fields automatically for you. It depends on what look you are going for if that option would work for you. Just wanted to make sure you are aware of that option.

• Thank you. It's the only date column, but the Graph By option is disabled / greyed-out. It is working great for all my graphs, though. Thanks again!