Multiple instances of same week numbers

Kunal
Kunal Contributor

My dataset has a date field that has 2022 running data on it. When I'm trying to create a line chart using that date range, it is repeating those weeks. I want to have only one instance of that week. How to resolve this?

In the attached ss, you can see Week-6 getting repeated 3 times. I only want to see that week or any other week only once

Answers

• @Kunal Are you sorting on any fields? That can sometimes cause this issue, so I would recommend removing any fields you're using to sort and see if there's one that's causing the problem.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

• Kunal
    Kunal Contributor

Thanks for your response, Rob. I'm actually kinda sorting it because I'm using the rank and window function to get the cumulative values (by sorting on dates). And then plotting the cumulative values against the dates. So I don't think I can remove the sorting.

• Do you mind posting a screenshot of your sorts?

• Kunal
    Kunal Contributor

Here you go !

• @Kunal It will be an issue of sorting on your card, nothing in the ETL most likely. And I think the issue will probably be that in your card you need to sort by whatever date you're graphing by.

• Kunal
    Kunal Contributor

@RobSomers I tried to sort it by Batch Date on my card but the repetition of weeks is still pertaining. I see this issue when I'm trying to view it per month too

• @Kunal You should not need to sort by your date field since Domo will automatically sort by whatever date is in the X-Axis. If you manually add a sort date without aggregation, you could see duplicate dates since it will try to sort by every unique date

• Kunal
    Kunal Contributor

Hi @MichelleH , so I'm dealing with cumulative data where I need to sum up each row and for that, I need to use the rank & window. That's where I'm sorting it by dates and aggregating the amount column by sum

• @Kunal You can still have the rank and window in your ETL. I'm referring to the sort fields that are applied to the card in Analyzer.

• Kunal
    Kunal Contributor

@MichelleH actually that's one of the suggestions I got from Rob and tried it to see if it works. But currently, I'm not sorting anything on the card and I'm still having this issue

• @Kunal Do you have any aggregation on your Y-Axis field?

• Kunal
    Kunal Contributor

That's what my data looks like and I'm plotting Account Balance vs Batch Date

• @Kunal I agree with @MichelleH. If you aren't doing any aggregation on the account balance, then it won't group and aggregate that field and it will just graph each line separately.