Why use a tooltip when I can use a data label or hover text?

Any instances you can share where a tooltip would be more beneficial than a data label or hover text? Maybe I'm missing the forest for the trees here.

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Joe_M

The tool tip fields allow you to put additional information into your hover text or data labels without having to generate a new beast mode to display all of the information that you need. You can refer to them in the analyzer settings as %_TOOLTIP1/2/3 etc

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Agree with @GrantSmith . Here is an example where I use tooltip1 to store the count of a field an incorporate it into the hover text

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@Joe_M If you could accept the answer so that others can more easily find it I'd appreciate it. You can click on "yes" at the bottom of the answer when it asks 'Does this answer your question?'

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Joe_M

The tool tip fields allow you to put additional information into your hover text or data labels without having to generate a new beast mode to display all of the information that you need. You can refer to them in the analyzer settings as %_TOOLTIP1/2/3 etc

• OOOOOH. Got it - thanks!

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Agree with @GrantSmith . Here is an example where I use tooltip1 to store the count of a field an incorporate it into the hover text

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@Joe_M If you could accept the answer so that others can more easily find it I'd appreciate it. You can click on "yes" at the bottom of the answer when it asks 'Does this answer your question?'