Drilling between custom charts

Options

Hello,

I'm trying to make a tool using custom charts for our building, but I'm not sure about the feasibility of my design idea. Essentially, I'm trying to recreate the drill down process to Zip Code shown in this DOMO video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZ_RvKX8O8&ab_channel=Domo, but instead using custom maps of our facility, with each "state" being a different department (accounting, engineering, etc.) Inside each department, I would want another custom chart showing the layout of that specific department, just like how each state is divided into zip codes.

I've already created a custom SVG map of the facility, but I guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how I could "zoom" into each different department the way it's done in the video I linked. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

Hi @mahmoudfahmy

The drill path card can only be a single type of chart. There isn't a way to conditionally display a different card in a drill path depending on what was initially selected.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • mahmoudfahmy
    Options

@GrantSmith

Thank you for the quick response. A different idea I had was to add a hyperlink inside each department to a different DOMO page. Do you know if DOMO supports anchor tags inside of SVG paths?

Thanks again for your help.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

You can utilize pfilters as GET parameters to filter your data when linking to another page or card. (You could link to different versions of the cards for each different department with a custom SVG for just that department)

I don't believe it supports anchor tags in SVG paths.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042933114-Using-Pfilters-to-Apply-Filters-from-URL-Query-Parameters-to-Embedded-Dashboards

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**