Trim 2 characters from right side of string using Workbench

I have a dataset that appends every day and I want to remove 2 characters (.0) from the right side using Workbench.

I thought this would be simple, but Search & Replace does not allow replacing with null, and replacing with a space or other character is also undesirable.

Is there a way to use any of the Workbench Transforms to accomplish this? Calculated field also seems like it wouldn't work because it wants to create a new column, unless I'm misunderstanding it.

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You can do a calculated field and then use Left and Length to remove the last 2 characters. Would look like this:

LEFT('field',LEN('field')-2)

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You can do a calculated field and then use Left and Length to remove the last 2 characters. Would look like this:

LEFT('field',LEN('field')-2)

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Hello @MarkSnodgrass . I have a similar issue and your formula worked until I came across this

Some values have different numbers at the end, the length appears to be the same but they are separated ones by ':' and others by '_' .... And again not all strings have those numbers so I need something to cut only those that have those numbers.

I am getting slow with more ideas. Have you had this issue before? I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks.