set custom start days of the week at a card-level

Khan
Khan Member
edited April 2021 in Charting

Hi All,

I want to set custom start days of the week at a card-level, I referred the article(https://dojo.domo.com/discussion/47172/changing-a-day-week-start-to-friday) and created below beast mode.

case

when DAYOFWEEK(`Start Time (UTC)`) = 1 then 6 -- Sunday

when DAYOFWEEK(`Start Time (UTC)`) = 2 then 7 -- Monday

when DAYOFWEEK(`Start Time (UTC)`) = 3 then 1 -- Tuesday

when DAYOFWEEK(`Start Time (UTC)`) = 4 then 2 -- Wednesday

when DAYOFWEEK(`Start Time (UTC)`) = 5 then 3 -- Thursday

when DAYOFWEEK(`Start Time (UTC)`) = 6 then 4 -- Friday

when DAYOFWEEK(`Start Time (UTC)`) = 7 then 5 -- Saturday

end

I added this beast mode to sort and when I select date range as this week, beast mode works fine. (see image – Dojo-1)

But if I select previous two weeks the dates on card will be shown inappropriately and I completely understand that is because of sort on beast mode.

I need to display as per this image. (see image – Dojo-2)

Please suggest.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

Try creating a beastmode that will mark the start of each week. You can then sort by this first, and then sort by your second beastmode.

start_of_week :

SUBDATE(`Date`, DAYOFWEEK(`Date`)+2)

Then, you could sort by start_of_week and then by your calculated field. That should get you what you are looking for

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

Try creating a beastmode that will mark the start of each week. You can then sort by this first, and then sort by your second beastmode.

start_of_week :

SUBDATE(`Date`, DAYOFWEEK(`Date`)+2)

Then, you could sort by start_of_week and then by your calculated field. That should get you what you are looking for

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman