Full list of Datasets & Cards

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to extract a list of datasets into Excel. I am trying to see how many datasets we have, who owns them, and the impact each of the card has.

Thank you

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓

@user06209 There is a Domo Admin excel tool that allows you to do just that. I believe that you have to provide an access token (which you can create in the Domo Admin section) in order to get it connected.

Otherwise, you could get the domo governance data offered in the data connector cloud app library and export that dataset.

I'm not sure what the best way is to get the Domo admin plug in is. I would reach out to your CSM or to Domo support. I am not able to attach the .msi file here. Here is a screenshot of the tool:

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓

@user06209 There is a Domo Admin excel tool that allows you to do just that. I believe that you have to provide an access token (which you can create in the Domo Admin section) in order to get it connected.

Otherwise, you could get the domo governance data offered in the data connector cloud app library and export that dataset.

I'm not sure what the best way is to get the Domo admin plug in is. I would reach out to your CSM or to Domo support. I am not able to attach the .msi file here. Here is a screenshot of the tool:

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Hi @user06209

The Data Governance datasets would get you the data you're looking for and allow you to easily visualize / analyze the data. In addition it'll allow you to automatically keep it up to date (and is platform independent).

As @ST_-Superman-_ mentioned you can utilize the Excel plugin but that's only supported in Windows. You can download it from More ... Admin ... Tool Downloads ... Excel Plugin. If you don't have Admin permissions then you'd need to talk with your Domo admin to get it configured for you.

Getting the impact of each dataset is a bit more difficult and something that the excel plugin wouldn't be able to easily get you. You'd need to create a dataflow to determine which cards, dataflows, views, fusions etc which utilize each dataset. Each of these are recorded within the governance datasets however.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @GrantSmith - The plugin tool that I was referring to was the "Domo Admin" tool. This tool is not available to download from your Domo instance. You need to request the file from a CSM or technical support.

• I misread you answer. Thanks for the clarification @ST_-Superman-_

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**