How do page filters work? (some issues)
we have several page filters, but they operate a bit randomly. Perhaps someone could explain how they work in relation to below issues:
- not all filters selected by an admin are showning for participants
- filters aren't sticky (when in a filtered card, either using the back arrow or clicking on the link that goes back to the page doesn't keep the filters (filters were set at page level))
- Order of filters cannot be set? (i.e. first company then department; now seems that selecting department will limit the list of companies.. so instead of being able to select a different company, I will have to delete the department filter first).
- Is there a way to set a predefined value for the filter while maintaining the option to pick something else?
Can anybody help answer @RosanneBroersma's question?1
In regards to your specific questions around page-level filters, I wanted to describe the inherent functionality of the tool and how page-level filters are designed to work, but then try to get some additional information from you on a few of the topics you mention:
- When a participant enables their page analyzer, Domo takes into account every filter that an admin has selected.
- If you are seeing instances where some filters that an admin has selected are dropping out, please take
before and after screenshots and report to DomoSupport.
- Applying a page-level filter is meant to permeate through to each card, including when you click into each individual card in that page. Also, when you leave the card details to return back to the parent page, or move to another page, those page-level filters are designed to stick.
- Again, if you are seeing instances where this is not case as you are cycling between cards and pages,
take before and after screenshots and report to DomoSupport.
- All filters are inter-relational, meaning that when one filter is applied and a value selected, the available values in another selected filter will be affected.
- Available filters can be selected by an admin, however, values defined within those filters will not permeate to other users. The reason for this is that page-level filters are meant to be specific to an individual, and Domo is designed to be customizeable to the end business user.
Hope this helps.
This insinuates that we are experiencing some issues with the filters (i.e. not all filters picked by an admin are showing for participants). I'll reach out to DOMO support and let you know a solution/when this is resolved!
I'd also like to see these features implemented.
In addition, can I request that the admin is able to force the page filters to appear instead of requiring the user to turn them on with the wrench?
This functionality is critical to our pages so requires a lot of training for users, although very simple training, it is two extra clicks each time and makes onboarding new users require human training.4
- 10.5K All Categories
- 8 Connect
- 918 Connectors
- 250 Workbench
- 472 Transform
- 1.7K Magic ETL
- 69 SQL DataFlows
- 477 Datasets
- 198 Visualize
- 254 Beast Mode
- 2.1K Charting
- 11 Variables
- 82 Cards, Dashboards, Stories
- 17 Automate
- 354 APIs & Domo Developer
- 89 Apps
- 3 Workflows
- 20 Predict
- 5 Jupyter Workspaces
- 15 R & Python Tiles
- 247 Distribute
- 63 Domo Everywhere
- 243 Scheduled Reports
- 21 Manage
- 42 Governance & Security
- 176 Product Ideas
- 1.2K Ideas Exchange
- 12 Community Forums
- 27 Getting Started
- 14 Community Member Introductions
- 55 Community News
- 4.5K Archive