Sharepoint REST - Application Permissions

Hello Dojo,

I am trying to find a succinct list of the permissions required to setup the Sharepoint Rest Connector within the Azure Portal.

This article has an overview of the setup process, but after following the directions, I am not able to use the connector with the Client ID and Secret, receiving the error, "{App Name} needs permission to access resources in your organization that only an admin can grant. Please ask an admin to grant permission to this app before you can use it."

https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Connecting_to_Data_with_Connectors/Configuring_Each_Connector/Connectors_for_File_Retrieval/Microsoft_Sharepoint_Online_REST_Connector

I am not an admin, but we have setup the permissions as defined by the knowledgebase article above. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 11.49.00 AM.png

I have to route changes through my sometimes antsy IT dept, so iteration or experimentation potential is quite limited. Has anyone had any success with this connector that may be able to share their experience?

Thank you. 

Comments

•  

i don't know the answer.

maybe try sitting with a sharepoint admin who can temporarily provide credentials ... then you can verify 100% that it's a credentials problem and not an ... IP Whitelisting or any other type of problem... once you've got a connection with an admin account, delete those credentials from Domo and proceed positive that you've pinpointed the correct problem (credentials) not ... anything else?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • I appreciate your reply. 

The error indicates to me that the initial handshake is completed, and we are dealing with a permissions scope issue, as opposed to a fundamental connections issue. It's probably fruitful to add that the connection we are attempting to make is with Office 365's Sharepoint Online, as opposed to some onsite solution. 

I think the solution here is a list of the API permissions need to be granted to Azure's portal. I could sit down and iterate through the logical best permissions, but I am wondering if there is a list that someone has that gives a more direct answer. 

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor

@user05597 have you reached out to Domo support?

We had a similar experience when trying to set up the Sharepoint REST Connector (and I'll be honest, I don't remember all the details) but ended up getting on a zoom call with a Domo Support rep and were able to get the connector set up correctly within an hour call. If you can set that up, I think it's your fastest path to resolution.