Question on Alert Creation and Task

I have a card that has a machine name column and a Beast Mode that basically states In One, In Two, In All.  I want to create an Alert based on "In Two" as well as a Task to review the machine name.  I understand I need a summary number based on the "In Two" Beast Mode to create the Alert however, I wanted to know if there is a way to only create the Task once for the machine name?

For instance, ABC123456 machine name meets the "In Two" and Task is created to review.  Tomorrow, the card may still reflect "In Two" for that machine however, I do not want another Task created.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Michael

Comments

• @GuitarMan2020  Not sure if I fully understand the question but based on what I think you are asking you could make a normal summary number that shows the count of everything. Then in the card view use filters to select In One, In Two, In All. You would select an option and then create an alert for that option. By the end you should have an alert for each one of your options. You should be able to set up the alert to only tell you when the value changes. 

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• @GuitarMan2020 , I'm with @Ashleigh  isnofar as your use case / requirement is a bit unclear.

what i'm gleaning from here, to boil it down is that you want your report to trigger an alert if a task hasn't already been created.  

there is a domo_stats dataset called 'tasks' which i assume will give you a list of all your tasks.  just add it into your dataset so you can validate whether a task already exists for your trigger condition.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.