View whole output of ETL actions

When building an ETL, how can I view the whole output of an action within the ETL?

After running the preview I can only view 100 rows.

Example:

1. I join two datasets (that are created within the ETL) to one without knowing if the join-columns are unique. I want to view the datasets that go into the Join action and the dataset that comes out of it to check if the number of rows before and after the join are equal.

2. I am looking for an error in an existing ETL. I want to check the outputs of the actions to find the place where calculation goes wrong for a certain row. How can I do this easily? I know I can apply a filter to the output to view the desired row but that is very laborious.

Thank you very much in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @user014481 

Preview won't display all of the records because it's just that, a preview. If you're wanting to see data from each step you can filter the data you want and then output it to different dataset(s) along the ETL path.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @user014481 

Preview won't display all of the records because it's just that, a preview. If you're wanting to see data from each step you can filter the data you want and then output it to different dataset(s) along the ETL path.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**