Alternatives to Google Sheets data input

MichelleH
MichelleH Coach
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

Hello!

Several of my collegues curently use Google Sheets to log their activity throughout the day, and we then use the Google Sheets connector to feed that data into Domo. However, we've found that Google Sheets is not ideal for the volume of data and number of people in it at once (up to 12). We also looked into Domo Webforms, but that's also cumbersome and doesn't have any validation options to protect data integrity (drop-down lists, enforcing data type, etc.).

Has anyone had any luck with any other options that can be fed into Domo? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

Comments

• If you have Microsoft Office 365, I would suggest using Microsoft Forms. You can then use the SharePoint Connector in Domo to pull the form results that are stored in Excel. Microsoft Forms lets you set up dropdown lists, required fields, etc. that can better control data input than an open ended worksheet.

Here is a walkthrough on how to do it. The main thing is to choose the Forms for Excel option so that it saves the data in accessible Excel file that the Domo SharePoint Connector can see.

https://www.howtoexcel.org/general/microsoft-forms/

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • If you want to stick with Domo-integrated workflows, ask your CSM about the Form Builder App or any apps for capturing user input.  I'm pretty sure there are a handful of free and premium options.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.