DataSet Name has no DataSets listed in Workbench 5

When I setup a Workbench Job, I manually typed in the DataSet name. When it ran it created a new DataSet. I tried to use the Browse to link it to the correct DataSet, however it is blank. No DataSets listed at all. How do I get the DataSet Name under Domo Details on the Overview tab in Workbench 5 to populate?

Best Answer

Answers

• can you send a screenshot of where you're running into problems?

it's unclear to me whether you configured a workbench job without a title for the dataset.  or if you added a title to the dataset but aren't seeing it in Domo.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Question really should be: Why doesn't the Domo Details in Workbench show the DataSet Names that are currently on Domo? Screen Shot attached. What is listed is a data set I set up in Workbench, not the 19 data sets I have in Domo. How come they don't sync up?Data Set Picker.png

• are all the datasets in Domo Workbench jobs?

Do you own all of them?

Did you set up all the jobs on THAT machine?

https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Connecting_to_Data_Using_Workbench_5/13Workbench_5_FAQs

check the documentation

Can I save Workbench jobs to a shared folder? I want multiple users to be able to access and edit the jobs, but I can't figure out where jobs are saved on the drive.

All Workbench jobs are saved in the cloud and tied to a specific login, not saved locally. Therefore, the recommended solution to this problem is to install Workbench on a common server then create an admin user to be used by all users who need to modify jobs. Thus, all these users will be able to access the jobs, and you will not need to worry about saving copies of the job on a physical drive. Although multiple users can use Workbench simultaneously, only the first opened instance will get the live updates from the Workbench service. We generally do not recommend having multiple instances of Workbench open because of multiple people have the same job open and are making changes, the last person to save will overwrite all other changes. 

Can I share Workbench jobs?

Jobs are tied to the Workbench installation in which they were created. If you wanted to share a job, you would need to export that job on the Workbench installation in which it was created then import it into the second installation of Workbench.

Note: It is not recommended to have the same job running on two different instances of Workbench at the same time. If you do export a job from one and import it into another, be sure to remove it from its original Workbench instance after successfully importing it into another.  

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Are all the datasets in Domo Workbench jobs? No, this is the issue.

Do you own all of them? Yes

Did you set up all the jobs on THAT machine? Yes, but on the Domo website not in workbench.

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Workbench works the other way in that you name your dataset in Workbench and then push it up to Domo and the datasets will show up in Domo with the names you gave it in Workbench. This may be helpful if you haven't already looked at it.

https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Connecting_to_Data_Using_Workbench_5/07Creating_a_Job_for_Uploading_Data_Using_Workbench_5

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thanks. Don't like that answer, but appreciate you clarifying. Wish it was the other way. With me having to setup in workbench first, I would need to create the data first, get it into Domo, then create the needed cards/dashboards. Seems like you should be able to go both ways. 

This discussion has been closed.