Python Node giving throwing up an error I don't understand

Options

When I try to run my python script, it throws this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 7, in <module>
File "/home/domo/domomagic/io.py", line 17, in read_dataframe
return pd.DataFrame(read_array_dict(input_name))
File "/home/domo/domomagic/io.py", line 26, in read_array_dict
d[array_definition['name']] = __read_array__(path, array_definition['dtype'], n)
File "/home/domo/domomagic/io.py", line 83, in __read_array__
return np.memmap(path, dtype=dtype, shape=(n,))
File "/opt/conda/envs/legacy/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numpy/core/memmap.py", line 264, in __new__
mm = mmap.mmap(fid.fileno(), bytes, access=acc, offset=start)
ValueError: cannot mmap an empty file

I tried googling the error but still can't seem to understand it as those stackoverflow occurrences seem specific to their situation and not relating to domo. Thanks!

Comments

• user14700
    Options

Any ideas?

• n8isjack
    n8isjack Contributor
    Options

Hm, it is very hard to know what you're doing from just the error logs. Can you show us any of the script you wrote? Including packages, but perhaps delete the sensitive stuff like credentials?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Jarvis
    Jarvis Contributor
    Options

The thing here is that nodes are not like arrays which are stored sequentially in memory. Instead, it is likely to find them at different memory segments, which you can find by following the pointers from one node to the next.

This can be a little bit tricky since this type of topic is considered a Data Structure. In other words, can be described as trees. To understand more about this, you will need to take a look at the following link: https://pypi.org/project/node/. Also, I will recommend you to share your code with us to see if anyone from here can help you to figure it out how you will need to write your code.

Cheers!