Reports or Cards bursting feature

Hi,

I'm new to Domo and I have a question in regards to my POC on reports bursting feature. I’m trying to leverage Domo reporting tool to validate the report bursting feature in Domo, below is the POC that we are trying to validate in Domo.

POC Details: I would like to check to see if there is a way to generate reports for individual customer ID’s for a specified report template/report format and deliver the reports by customer ID to one of the SFTP location.

Note: The reports Bursting feature which is similar to Oracle BIP(Oracle BI publisher).

Please advise/help me to create the support ticket.

Thanks,

Comments

• NewsomSolutions
    NewsomSolutions Domo Employee

Starting off, to write something back to your SFTP server you'd need the writeback funcationliaty enabled.

For the reports/ID...do you mean that you want 1 report / 1 customer ID?  or a group of customer IDs get one format and another group gets another?

If 1:1, then you'd have to build a filter on each ID.  This can be done by creating the first card/report and then save as...and build the next one with the next ID.

If 1 customer : 1 report type then you'd need a matrix report in there some where in your ETL to link those up and get it done.  Then follow the steps in 1:1.

That is a quick and dirty run down...so if you have more details or questions let me know and I'll try to jump back on and help.

Matt

•  

Thanks for the response.

For the reports/ID...do you mean that you want 1 report / 1 customer ID? or a group of customer IDs get one format and another group gets another?

>> For example, I have 500 unique row's and 10 columns in a table and out of which one column is customer ID, so I have to create one template/report which can generate 500 reports (1 report per row and Customer ID is unique) based on same template/report, and these generated reports (report output format can be excel or pdf) needs to be delivered to SFTP location.

Note: using Oracle BI Publisher - where we can generate the reports based on customer ID and can burst out the reports to end users or to any sftp location, so I wanted to check to see if Domo some similarity feature.

Thanks,

Hari

• Hi Hari!

Did you find out about if Domo had this kind of functionality?

I've got a very similar use case regarding report bursting.

Thanks for any tip you can provide!

Azucena

This discussion has been closed.