Square Root Beast Mode

Is there a way to do a square root in beast mode? This leads to my bigger question about making a beast mode that calculates statistical confidence. I'm not very savvy when it comes to SQL statements, but I can usually manage to get what I need until I tried to recreate the formula contained on this page.

If anyone can help or has any insight, that would be great.

Thank you.

https://www.periscope.io/blog/how-to-calculate-confidence-intervals-in-SQL.html

Tagged:

Comments

• KY
    KY Member

In MYSQL, SQRT is function to culcurate square Root.

But Currently it's not activated it. so it's better to request domo support team.

reference:

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/mysql/mysql-sqrt-function.htm

• LQualey
    LQualey Domo Employee

Were you able to resolve this issue or find a workaround? I'm trying to calculate statistical significance in beast mode but may have to resort to a dataflow if we can't get the SQRT function turned on.

I work for Domo.
    **Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • I wasn't able to get a work around in place. Would you mind sharing your solution once you have it in place?

• LQualey
    LQualey Domo Employee

I am going to reach out to support and then also try to do our calc in dataflow. Will update once we've figured it out!

I work for Domo.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@LQualey, please let us know once you hear back :)!

• LQualey
    LQualey Domo Employee

@kshah008 @czmudzin

Have a working statistical analysis formula (2 event, chi-squared), am going through testing phase with client and will work on posting an article on it as soon as we get it stood up. 

I work for Domo.
  • swyatt
    swyatt Contributor

Are there any updates on this? I am really curious about the implementation. 

• You can accomplish this using the POWER function in beast mode:

POWER('Value',.5)

This gives you a an output of 'Value'^(1/2), which is the same as a square root.