Setting a Default Data Set Within a Page Filter

So I tend to use page filters (am just now upgrading to interactive filters - yay) but also have found that less knowledgeable users have issues setting a default dataset.  I have about 2-3 datasets that show within there, so the question becomes - is there a way to always default to the same dataset?  90% of the time the page filters only need to affect 1 of the datasets.  

Comments

• Jarvis
    Jarvis Contributor

Hi jmadden6,

That's a great question. The current functionality of page filters don't have the functionality to choose which dataset to set as a default. That is a great example of feedback for the Domo Development team. I would highly suggest submitting Product Feedback in your instance. All feedback is sent and reviewed by their development team for possible implementation and future road mapping. Here is a link to Domo's FAQ concerning Enhancement Request processing, and how to submit feedback inside of Domo: https://knowledge.domo.com?cid=faqs

Here's a little more information about page filters as well, if you need more detail.

http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=pageanalyzer

Jarvis

• jstan
    jstan Contributor

Hi Jarvis, page filters are a big pet peeve of mine (3 out of 10 stars). 

Page owners should be able to do the following:

• simple drop down at the top of the page where they can configure one or more datasets that the field applies to
    • ability to lock page filters to the page (kind of how the company page settings work where owner filters are first, followed by user filters)
    • ability to rename the page filter (rather than the field name, add a friendly name)
    • ability to turn on page filters by default or have them always on
    • ability to turn on interaction filters by default or have them always on
    • ability to turn off the display of the dataset name
    • ability to turn off the minimized page filter bar (always show it)
    • ability to save any page filter to the page automatically

Participants should also be able to add their own page filters in a desktop browser.

Most of my users honestly need 30-60 minutes to grasp how to use page filters today – and that is simply too much.  It is also clunky. 

Participants have a lot of struggles comprehending and understanding the following with page filters (on desktop):

• Turning on page filters
    • Unhiding the page filter bar
    • Selecting the dataset
    • Box to check at the bottom to apply it to all datasets
    • Saving the page filters to the dataset

Some of the slicer tools can do things a bit better, but all I want is a simple drop down for a region or store that users cannot get confused on.  The only want I can do it today is to build an app in illustrator that will only work with other widgets in the same app.

Thanks,

Josh

This discussion has been closed.