How to collect Youtube playlist title

Options

I am trying to do some youtube analysis and would like to set up a filter base on playlist titles.  I am using standard youtube report API pulling data in Domo.  I can pull playlist id but could not find any report that has playlist titles.  Can anyone help me with it?  

Another question related to Youtube: youtube playlist traffic report and youtube traffic report do not have the same video_ids.  I would assume they should have the same video_ids, except playlist reprot inlcude playlist id.  Can anyone help me understand it?

Thank you.

Olivia

Best Answer

• smurray
    smurray Domo Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Olivia,

There is an option called "RETRIEVE VIDEO AND CHANNEL NAMES" on the connector, that if you select that it will return the names.

Answers

• smurray
    smurray Domo Employee
    Options

Olivia,

Thank you for asking these questions. I am double checking the YouTube API and the Domo Connector documentation to provide an accurate answer.

I believe it is possible via the API, but I am not sure if that feature has been added to the Domo Connector.

https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Connecting_to_Data_with_Connectors/Configuring_Each_Connector/YouTube_Reporting_Connector

I agree that the Video Ids should match, so I am looking at the documentation to find out if we should expect them to match. https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/guides/implementation/playlists

• smurray
    smurray Domo Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Olivia,

There is an option called "RETRIEVE VIDEO AND CHANNEL NAMES" on the connector, that if you select that it will return the names.

• WizardOz
    WizardOz Contributor
    Options

Hello, Smurray,

thank you for your help.  I've looked at this report, but it only gives me the title for each individual videos, what I need is the playlist titles so that I can add a filter for the playlist. 

For example, our youtube channels has playlists eventA, eventB, eventC etc, under each playlist, there are several videos. I wanted to get eventA, evetnB and eventC.  

Can you give me more idea.

Olivia