Dataset metadata change

Hi

I have just uploaded a dataset via workbecnh. It created a dataset which i can preview and create cards on it. However, when i changed one of the column name (metadata change) the workbench job exectuted successfully with a warning but i was unable to preview the dataset in data center. 

When i preview the error message whic pops up is 

"

We had a problem generating your preview, please check that your settings are valid and try again later.

"We had a problem generating your preview, please check that your settings are valid and try again later."

Question: How can i find out what is the problem/error with my dataset ?

Thanks

Comments

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Hi,

Let me see if i can help,

Where did you change the column Name? In workbench/Dataset Jobs/Dataset Schema\ Destination Column?

What type of dataset is it?

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • Thanks RGranada

1. I created aan ODBC connection which point to a SQL Server database
    2. I have a table in it
    3. I used the workbech and used ODBC dataset job to connect to datasource and then push it to domo cloud
    4. The dataset was created and i was able to preview the data
    5. Now,  someone in the team updated the metadat in the souce (SQL Server database). The column name was changed
    6. I executed the workbech dataset job which was executed successfully and display a warning that the column name has ben change. The job was successful
    7. When i went back to Domo cloud and previed the data , the error message pope up which is mentioned in the thread above

What I was expecting: I was expecting that upon selecting the dataset , domo should detect the chnage in th dataset and diplay a meaningful error message aand a mean to correct this issue but it did not help me here

I am trying to achieve data virulaisation by abstructing and decoupling the metatdat 

Cheers