Workbench 3 only allows one query per run

Hi all,

Running into a bit of a strange error- I've been automating some data sources in Workbench, and I've found that Workbench will only actually run one query per startup- for example, if I select the table, build query, and preview the data, it will display, but when I click Upload Data (or try Preview a second time), the parser pauses indefinitely at the 'run query' step. Likewise, if I upload data to one job (after a fresh startup), it has the same hang if I try to update data on another job. This appears to only affect the Workbench app itself- the Workbench background service runs its scheduled updates just fine. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I can work around it by just restarting the Workbench app, but that can get annoying if I'm wanting to make any changes to a query beyond the basic select all columns that the 'build query' process produces.

This is with Workbench 3.1.5576.24489, with an ODBC connection to a MS-SQL database via DSN.

Comments

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Is anyone else experiencing the issue highlighted by @Octothorpe? Is the issue still occurring? Thanks!

• Ragin_Cajun
    Ragin_Cajun Domo Employee

Hello Octothorpe,

I think we need to take a deeper look at what is going on with your Workbench set up. I'll reach out to you via Email to get more information from you.

Thank you,

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@Octothorpe, were you able to resolve your issue with the help of Domo Support?

• alexpeay
    alexpeay Domo Employee

@Octothorpe Workbench 4 has been out for over a year, have you upgraded? Are you still having the same issue? 

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
This discussion has been closed.