How to add grand total in table ?

Carlos
Carlos Member

Hi Guys,

I am looking to add column aggregators as a row in the table.

for example I have a list of sales for each day, I need a row in the end to sum up all the values.
how can I just add this row in domo?

Comments

• ckatzman
    ckatzman Contributor

Table cards don't currently "Total", but I believe there is already a request submitted for this functionality to be developed.  One of the product managers should be able to confirm that, or you may be able to search/find in the Dojo.

We had a similar quandary though, and we solved it through a DataFlow.  By creating one dataset that was "detail" (or maybe it's like a product sub-total) and another data set that was "Summary" (overall total), and then performing a UNION to combine the two subsets.  One thing to focus on is making sure you have a field to "sort" by so that in your card output, you can control the location of that summary line.  Maybe you add a '0' value to your detail, and a '9' value to your Summary (as an extra column), then when you get to the card builder you can add that special 'sort' column to the Sort Order.

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@Carlos, did ckatzman's reply help answer your question?

• ckwright
    ckwright Domo Product Manager

@ckatzman and @Carlos Yes, grand totals for table cards is on our product road map. Sumo is also another option to DataFlow as Sumo has Grand Totals and SubTotals available. 

This discussion has been closed.