Report not saving after bringing in a calculated field within a table but saving fine before it

Utz
Utz Member

Hi I am running into a unique issue where I have created 3 calculated fields called

PCT AD Cost Dollars (SUM(AdCostDollars)/ SUM(SUM(AdCostDollars)) Over(PARTITION BY MarketingEffortYear)

PCT Marketing Demand Dollars (SUM(MarketingDemandDollars)/ SUM(SUM(MarketingDemandDollars)) Over(PARTITION BY MarketingEffortYear)

Demand Ad Index (PCT Marketing Demand Dollars/ PCT AD Cost Dollars) * 100

I am only bringing in the Demand Ad Index into my report other two calculations are used to create the Demand Ad Index. Whenever I bring in Demand Ad Index to the table and try to save the report I get this message "There was a problem saving your card if this problem persists please contact Domo support team" Before bringing in the field the report is saving fine.

I also have this same calculation used across the same data set in different cards and it works fine on the other cards I can save the report. I tried to use the save calculation to the dataset checkmark in the formula bar for the report that can save fine with the field in it but I am receiving this message for it.

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

That shows you're saving the 'Demand Ad Index Final' beast mode. You need to open the other beast modes and save them to the dataset first.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• Are your 'PCT Marketing Demand Dollars' and 'PCT And Cost Dollars' saved to the dataset or are they only saved to the card?

If so I'd recommend logging a ticket with Domo Support

• Utz
    Utz Member

@GrantSmith I am trying to save the PCT Ad Cost Dollars to the dataset from the card it works with and that it can be saved with but I am receiving this error.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

That shows you're saving the 'Demand Ad Index Final' beast mode. You need to open the other beast modes and save them to the dataset first.