Partitioning for Dummies?

Can someone point me to a good step by step guide to setting up partitioning in Workbench 5.2? I have a very large dataset (currently 5.8 million rows) that gets updated daily with a full replace. As you can imagine it takes a HOT MINUTE to run. On average there are 12.5k new records and 100 records updated or deleted daily. Clearly I don't need to do a full replace, but my brain is just not grasping how to get the partitioning set up correctly. The knowledge base articles just aren't detailed enough. Can someone point me towards Domo Partitioning for Dummies?

Answers

• Domo has a good KB article on setting up partitioning in Workbench you can follow here: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360062446514?language=en_US . It's for 5.1 but should be the same for 5.2

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ARosser
    ARosser Member

That's the one I've been looking at primarily and It's really not getting into the detail I need. I guess what I'm needing is something that combines the set up process as well has the functionality. I have a column currently that I can use as a flag.

If [Flag] = 'Done' THEN do nothing

If [Flag] = 'Create' THEN Append

If [Flag] IN ('Update', 'Delete') THEN Replace

each row has a PK

I don't understand at all how to set that up.