where to find the append/replace feature for a google sheet in DOMO dataset?

Options

for a spreadsheet, I can find "Append" under Settings - Update Mode as below picture.

for a google sheet, why there isn't a Append as the update mode? for example, today I have "2.28" worksheet data uploaded into DOMO dataset, tomorrow, I want "3.01" worksheet data to be uploaded, and so on. every day I upload one worksheet's data. How can I append the Google sheet? thanks,

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's not supported with that connector. If you need to append data you can feed it into a Magic ETL dataflow and then set the output tile to Append. You can have it trigger on the initial Google sheet update.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's not supported with that connector. If you need to append data you can feed it into a Magic ETL dataflow and then set the output tile to Append. You can have it trigger on the initial Google sheet update.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • DataMaven
    Options

I think it's wise for them to not support that capability, since things can go awry very easily.

With all of the new capabilities Domo is releasing, you don't even need to build a recursive, so it's pretty nice.

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"