Custom App Brick with JavaScript, HTML, CSS

Options
Marc Aec
Marc Aec Member

When I download a brick out of the App Store and edit it, it opens with the ability to map the dataset and customize the JavaScript, HTML, and CSS. If I create a custom app and publish it to my instance, when I edit the custom app brick, I can only map the dataset. The JavaScript, HTML, and CSS windows are not present. Bricks have been described as "simplified apps". How can I mark my custom app so that after it is published, the JavaScript, HTML, and CSS are editable? Essentially, I'd like to make my own brick template. Is there something that can be put in the manifest to configure this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is something that Domo has to do as it's a special publish that they do. I'd try reaching out to support and see if this is something they can do for you or log this idea in the idea exchange.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is something that Domo has to do as it's a special publish that they do. I'd try reaching out to support and see if this is something they can do for you or log this idea in the idea exchange.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Marc Aec
    Options

Support looked into it and came back with the conclusion that apps published via CLI can't have the code editing tabs. As for Ideas Exchange, every once-in-while I come upon something in there when I am Googling "Domo <something I really need now>" and then get disappointed when I see how many years old the post is.

Thanks for responding and letting me know that I wasn't missing something.

• JosephMeyers
    JosephMeyers Contributor
    Options

I have some good news for you. We are releasing a beta soon for an in browser editor for custom apps. This will provide you with a better editing experience similar to what you have seen with Bricks and have all the templates you can currently get in Bricks. It also doesn't have the restrictions that Bricks have with things like multiple editors, manifest changes (more or less datasets wired, etc), and AppDB access. Check with your account manager if you are interested in more information and participating in the beta.

• Marc Aec
    Marc Aec Member
    Options

Awesome! Thanks!