Form Viewer

Options
Jessica
Jessica Contributor

The instructions for this app are so brief, I still can't figure out how to delete the sample and connect to my Form Builder data.

Anyone have some clearer direction then what's in Knowledge.

I am so lost.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jessica I recently struggled with this as well. I wish the implementation and documentation of Form Builder/Viewer was stronger. Hopefully my instructions will help you.

The first thing that you will want to do is to go to your Form Builder where you built a form and select Edit Card in the wrench. Then, click on the Collections container and copy the datasource id in the data preview box.

You will use this datasource id to help you link the form viewer properly.

Now go to your Form Viewer and select Edit Card in the wrench.

You are now going to need to map each dataset that is listed in the dropdown list

Start with the first one and then click on the dataset listed below Select Dataset. Enter your datasourceid in the serachbox and then select the one that matches the name. (In the above example look for ExportPreviousResponseItems_datasourceid). Click Choose Dataset.

Do this for each of the items listed in the dropdown list and then save the card. You should see your forms listed in the form viewer now.

It is a best practice to then leave this card as your form viewer template and choose Save As before clicking on a Form and linking the form viewer to the appropriate form. This way, you don't have to go through that process every time you create a new form.

Hopefully this works for you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jessica I recently struggled with this as well. I wish the implementation and documentation of Form Builder/Viewer was stronger. Hopefully my instructions will help you.

The first thing that you will want to do is to go to your Form Builder where you built a form and select Edit Card in the wrench. Then, click on the Collections container and copy the datasource id in the data preview box.

You will use this datasource id to help you link the form viewer properly.

Now go to your Form Viewer and select Edit Card in the wrench.

You are now going to need to map each dataset that is listed in the dropdown list

Start with the first one and then click on the dataset listed below Select Dataset. Enter your datasourceid in the serachbox and then select the one that matches the name. (In the above example look for ExportPreviousResponseItems_datasourceid). Click Choose Dataset.

Do this for each of the items listed in the dropdown list and then save the card. You should see your forms listed in the form viewer now.

It is a best practice to then leave this card as your form viewer template and choose Save As before clicking on a Form and linking the form viewer to the appropriate form. This way, you don't have to go through that process every time you create a new form.

Hopefully this works for you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Contributor
    Options

Thanks, this was helpful