Why are filters showing on one embed dashboard and not the other?

Options

I have two dashboards that are currently actively embedded and available to the end user. Both of these dashboards are embedded on our internal portal via iframe. One of the dashboards does have a filter showing when you hover over the top right corner and the other one doesn't. Can someone help me understand why?

I've attached both dashboard snippets and the Embed settings for both. Thank you!

Best Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm a little unclear what you are referring to.

When creating or editing a dashboard in Domo, there are specific settings related to filter visibility. Dashboard creators have the ability to control whether filters are displayed to end users or not. This setting can be toggled on or off based on the preferences and requirements of the dashboard.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• DataMaven
    DataMaven Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

It may be helpful to see what that hover looks like and where on the page it is. From what I am gathering, it's on the page, rather than the card, otherwise I would think it may be the card interaction settings. But if it's an app, it may still be that. There are so many places where interactions can be set.

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm a little unclear what you are referring to.

When creating or editing a dashboard in Domo, there are specific settings related to filter visibility. Dashboard creators have the ability to control whether filters are displayed to end users or not. This setting can be toggled on or off based on the preferences and requirements of the dashboard.

• joebenz
    joebenz Member
    Options

Hi @ArborRose - thanks for your help here. I do have the "Show filter bar" setting marked on the dashboard I'm looking to fix (attached). What I'm trying to do is ensure that, on the Embed dashboard settings will allow me to show a filter on the user side of the embedded dashboard. For some reason, it works on one of my Domo everywhere dashboards (shown above) but not on my other one - even though they have the same Embed dashboard settings. Would you happen to know why?

• ArborRose
    Options

The difference in widgets and visualizations might impact how they interact with the filters. Some things like maps, might not integrate seamlessly with the filter bar. The underlying data sources might influence the behavior with filtering. For example, one might rely on real-time or dynamic data while the other might be more static with less interactive data.

• DataMaven
    DataMaven Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

It may be helpful to see what that hover looks like and where on the page it is. From what I am gathering, it's on the page, rather than the card, otherwise I would think it may be the card interaction settings. But if it's an app, it may still be that. There are so many places where interactions can be set.

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"