Question on acceptance rate calc

Options

Hello, I am trying to calculate total accpetance rate of the students.

I have 2 calculated fields

Accepted Students: case when (acceptance_flag = 1) then count(students)

Total Students: count(students)

I am having a table format and calculation for acceptance rate:

(case when (acceptance_flag = 1) then count(students) )/count(students) * 100

With this, I always get 100% for the every record that is true. Please help with the calculation that needs to be used.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    edited February 20 Answer ✓
    Options

Try this:

COUNT(CASE WHEN `acceptance_flag` = 1 THEN `students` END) / COUNT(`students`) * 100

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited February 20 Answer ✓
    Options

Try this:

COUNT(CASE WHEN `acceptance_flag` = 1 THEN `students` END) / COUNT(`students`) * 100

• A2024
    Options

Thank you @ColemenWilson . As suggested by you, I tried this -

COUNT(CASE WHEN Acceptance_flag= 1 THEN Students END))/COUNT(Students))* 100 It still gives me as 100% for every student which is true. Else 0%. Not sure if I am missing anything.

It is not taking the total into consideration in denominator. I have done this in Tableau using LOD, just not sure on how to get this to work in Domo. Thanks again for looking into this.

• GrantSmith
    Options

What is the students field? Is that the number of students, or is it some other value? Is it numeric or text?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ColemenWilson
    Options

What does the data for `Students` look like? Is it a student id? Or is it a number that represents the number of students? Also I noticed missing (or extra) parentheses in your beastmode in your most recent comment - so double check that.

• A2024
    Options

@GrantSmith @ColemenWilson Thank you for your response

The original datatype is text. But then in beast mode I am trying to do count() which becomes numeric.

Yes, the missing parentheses was a typo above. In Domo, I did not have any compilation errors. Thank you!

• A2024
    Options

Sorry for the confusion. I will use a KPI box with the above calculation. It works great. Thank you both.