Displaying a Blank chart

Options

Hi,

Is there a way to have a Chart display blank data until filtered. For example I have two charts one with products x,y,z and then the other being a blank chart. When I click on product X, I want the blank chart to display every customer. When no product is selected I want the chart to be blank. Hopefully that makes sense.

Best Answers

• trafalger
    trafalger Coach
    edited February 2 Answer ✓
    Options

Depending on your data, you could a beast mode that's like

case when count(product) = 1 then 'Show' else 'Hide' end

and then filter the card to "show" and it should only show data when 1 product is selected.

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

@trafalger 's solution is really elegant. I was scratching my head trying to incorporate a variable. Probably want a COUNT(DISTINCT product), though, assuming you have more than one customer row per product. Also, note, this will only work with selecting exactly one product. If you want to be able to select more than one, you might want to create a range of possible selections (exclusive of the total number of products, otherwise it won't be blank by default)

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

Answers

• trafalger
    trafalger Coach
    edited February 2 Answer ✓
    Options

Depending on your data, you could a beast mode that's like

case when count(product) = 1 then 'Show' else 'Hide' end

and then filter the card to "show" and it should only show data when 1 product is selected.

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

@trafalger 's solution is really elegant. I was scratching my head trying to incorporate a variable. Probably want a COUNT(DISTINCT product), though, assuming you have more than one customer row per product. Also, note, this will only work with selecting exactly one product. If you want to be able to select more than one, you might want to create a range of possible selections (exclusive of the total number of products, otherwise it won't be blank by default)

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

• ColinHaze
    Options

Great Solution. We need it to only show one product at a time so this works amazingly. Thank you!