Bucket Ordering

Options
damen
damen Contributor

Hi,

I am working with pricing buckets of home loans. I have created two case statements. One that puts each loan id into a piricing bucket based on the loan amount. the second is to order those buckets in what would be numerical order.

I am getting a graph that, when the bucket order is being applied, doesnt want to bucket some of the loans in the proper buckets.

Here is what I am seeing.

Without sorting:

With sorting:

I need to sort them - to make it more like a histogram but I cannot have them out of order. When we apply the ordering, for some reason the buckets want to be broken out.

Any ideas?

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your sorting is showing up as a string. Try changing your beast mode to = 1 if it's currently = '1'. If that doesn't work you may need to apply some aggregation in your beastmode bucketing or on the sort column to get the data to roll up in the correct bucket.

• RobSomers
    RobSomers Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@damen It looks like you are sorting on something other than your 'Pricing Buckets' which is causing the problem. You will need to sort on your pricing buckets for it to work. You will probably need to create another beast mode called something like 'Pricing Buckets Sort' which would be exactly like your 'Pricing Buckets' beast mode but instead of the bucket names would just be 1, 2, 3, etc. Then use that for your sort.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your sorting is showing up as a string. Try changing your beast mode to = 1 if it's currently = '1'. If that doesn't work you may need to apply some aggregation in your beastmode bucketing or on the sort column to get the data to roll up in the correct bucket.

• RobSomers
    RobSomers Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@damen It looks like you are sorting on something other than your 'Pricing Buckets' which is causing the problem. You will need to sort on your pricing buckets for it to work. You will probably need to create another beast mode called something like 'Pricing Buckets Sort' which would be exactly like your 'Pricing Buckets' beast mode but instead of the bucket names would just be 1, 2, 3, etc. Then use that for your sort.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

• MichelleH
    Options

@damen I agree with what the others have said. If you have a numerical field with the actual housing price in your dataset, you could also sort by the average of that field.