Trying to calculate turnover % using window functions in beast mode - total row issue

Options

Hello all,

I am trying to calculate a monthly turnover % where the numerator is the count of terminations in the prior 12 months and the denominator is the average headcount over the last 12 months. If I create two separate beast modes for both parts of it, the output including the total row works correctly. However, when I try to combine both pieces into the Turnover %, the individual rows show the correct value but the total row is just summing the percentages of each row.

I thought I was on the right track when I was able to calculate the two parts separately, but can't figure out why combining them isn't calculating the correct total %.

In the attached photo you can see that the total row shows the correct LTM avg. Headcount of 192, the total LTM terms of 29, but instead of showing 29/192 = 15%, it's adding the three percentages together to show 49%

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

By default the total is summed, if you select the Turnover % in your column list for your pivot table you can change how it's aggregated for the total record.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ccccc4
    Options

Since the beast mode is "pre-aggregated", the field settings don't have the option for choosing which aggregation type

• GrantSmith
    Options

If you go under the Total section of that drop-down menu that's where you can change how the total row is calculated.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ccccc4
    Options

I feel like I've seen before what you're referring to, but the Total menu only gives me options for formatting the total row style options