Text box is not populated by Beast Mode

Options

So, I have a beast mode that generates a text block with some basic information about a helpdesk ticket dataset. Its purpose is just to let the user know how recent the data they're seeing is. In short, it tells (1) when the ETL was last run, and (2) the most recent ticket ID and date. Simple enough, I'd think.

If I add (1) the text is generated and the card works. If I add (2) nothing appears. There is no error message or overt indication of failure… there's just nothing there. Any suggestions what might be wrong? Here's the code of the beast mode:

CONCAT(
'SNOW Data Generated '
, DATE(Generation timestamp)
, ' at '
, HOUR(CONVERT_TZ(Generation timestamp,'+00:00','-05:00'))
, ':'
, RIGHT(LEFT(TIME(CONVERT_TZ(Generation timestamp,'+00:00','-05:00')),5),2)
, ' CDT\n'
, number
, ' is the most recent, opened on\n'
, DATE_FORMAT((opened_at), '%b %d %Y at %H:%i')
)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You need a way to select a single value. This beastmode will have a result for every row of data. I used your same beastmode but limited the card to 1 row of data and then sorted on the date field descending and the card worked as expected. You may have to do some ranking in ETL because you need the most recent of 2 different dates. If you had rankings you could use that for your sorting. You could also just add MAX() functions in your beastmode if you just need the most recent of each date.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You need a way to select a single value. This beastmode will have a result for every row of data. I used your same beastmode but limited the card to 1 row of data and then sorted on the date field descending and the card worked as expected. You may have to do some ranking in ETL because you need the most recent of 2 different dates. If you had rankings you could use that for your sorting. You could also just add MAX() functions in your beastmode if you just need the most recent of each date.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• froghunter
    Options

Apologies for not responding sooner. I had to move to another matter for a while. This worked. Thank you for the clear help.