User not a member of the 'Domo Workbench User' - But only when using impersonation

Options
rado98
rado98 Contributor

I am currently transferring my workbench jobs to a new computer on a new network system.

I keep getting "User not a member of the 'Domo Workbench User' group" when setting up impersonation on network file jobs. My username, which I use for impersonation, is already part of the 'Domo Workbench User' group.

I can run jobs that do not require impersonation, so my username is clearly recognized part of the group in some way.

I have seen posts with similar issues (as far as I can see) so I tried rebooting and checking the user access with no luck.

I don't have admin rights on this PC, WB was installed with on login but with admin password entered afterwards, just in case this is relevant.

Best Answer

• rado98
    rado98 Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

The issue was solved

As explained the user I was trying to use was part of the "Domo Workbench Users" group so the reported error message did not make sense.

The issue arose from the fact that on installation WB adds the "Domo Workbench Users" group to the "Log on as batch job" Policy but then the new network system removed the DWU group from that policy. As default only Administrator are included in that policy.

The two fixes were then to either give that user Administrator access to be included in the "Log on as batch job" policy that way OR to add the DWU group to the policy.

Administrator access was not an option so a special rule was created to all the DWU group from that one computer onto the policy.

No easy fix without someone with in-depth knowledge of the system.

Answers

• Based on my research this looks like something you would want to open up a support ticket with Domo on. I see some other historical questions in the forums with similar patterns, but do not see any resolution. Please let us know what is the outcome of the support ticket.

• rado98
    rado98 Contributor
    Options

Going thru the support process now. I'll post the outcome when the time comes.

• GrantSmith
    Options

It’s the user you’re impersonating a member of the Domo Workbench User group?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • rado98
    rado98 Contributor
    Options

Yes it is, as shown on the screenshots above.

• rado98
    rado98 Contributor
    Options

Quick update (still having issues though)

I did a full clean re-install of WB. Restart after un-install, restart after re-install, waited 5 min after the last restart to let WB initialize without me poking at it.

It worked fine for a day, impersonation was working fine. Thought that the issue was gone, closed the support ticket.

The issue came back today, exactly the same thing. Back to opening a support ticket.

• rado98
    rado98 Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

The issue was solved

As explained the user I was trying to use was part of the "Domo Workbench Users" group so the reported error message did not make sense.

The issue arose from the fact that on installation WB adds the "Domo Workbench Users" group to the "Log on as batch job" Policy but then the new network system removed the DWU group from that policy. As default only Administrator are included in that policy.

The two fixes were then to either give that user Administrator access to be included in the "Log on as batch job" policy that way OR to add the DWU group to the policy.

Administrator access was not an option so a special rule was created to all the DWU group from that one computer onto the policy.

No easy fix without someone with in-depth knowledge of the system.

• rado98
    rado98 Contributor
    Options

For reference this is where the "Log on as a batch job" policy can be found.