Dynamic option on dashboard that allows users to adjust data

Options

Is there a way to create a variable which when users select, will alter a calculation?

For example, I have a cost savings dashboard that shows projected savings based on an assumed 50% reduction. Is there a way to have allow the user to select (or enter) a projected reduction, which will dynamically adjust the rest of the dashboard (which contains charts with beastmode calculations)?

Best Answer

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@NathanDorsch Have you tried using Domo Variables? If you create a numeric variable for reduction percentage, you can use that variable as an input to your beast modes on the dashboard.

• NathanDorsch
    Options

Thanks @MichelleH this is exactly what I'm looking for…. but I can't seem to figure out how to set up a dashboard-wide control. I watched the entire video…

I created a variable in a card on the dashboard… then when I go to add a control and insert a variable, there are no variables to select from….???

• MichelleH
    Options

@NathanDorsch Does the card you created have a beast mode that references the variable yet? The dashboard variable control will likely only show variables that are being actively used in the cards.

• NathanDorsch
    Options

Ahhh…. got it. Thanks @MichelleH !