filter issues

Options

I'm having some odd issue with one of my filters and how a table somehow gets unsorted by it.

I have a table which I want sorted by "preferred URL" and then sum of "monthly page views". Without any filters applied on my dashboard, this table is properly sorted. Then when I apply a filter (CMS), it suddenly turns my sorting upside down. The pages that were at the top are suddenly sorted at the bottom (they are still included in the results as they should be).

Does anyone know what might be going on here?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is odd. I would suggest creating a beast mode that results in numerical values to put in your sorting. For example, I would do something like this:

CASE WHEN Preferred = 'Yes' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END

Put this beast mode as your first sorting and sort descending and remove the Preferred from the sorting. See if this does the trick for you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is odd. I would suggest creating a beast mode that results in numerical values to put in your sorting. For example, I would do something like this:

CASE WHEN Preferred = 'Yes' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END

Put this beast mode as your first sorting and sort descending and remove the Preferred from the sorting. See if this does the trick for you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • DavidChurchman
    Options

I frequently encounter problems when filtering/sorting columns with null values. Marks' suggestion is good, because it will give you a column with no nulls.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

• NathanDorsch
    Options

Thanks @MarkSnodgrass and @DavidChurchman I'm thinking the null values must somehow be impacting this. I should be able to address this with a BM that combines them and replaces nulls with a value.