Beast Mode Calculation Help Needed

Options

I need to create a new Column via Beast mode called % Sales Material based on the following calculation.

(Sales Price - Actual Cost) / Sales Price

I am struggling with the exact Beast Mode Code because Sales Price is on one Line Based on WTSTEP 000 And Actual Cost is on a Separate Line and is based on Beast Mode Where when WTSTEP = 010 it will take 'UnitCost' * 'QTY Ordered'

Best Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I see in your example that the 3 entries share the same SO#, so would the % you're trying to calculate be at the SO# level? if that is the case if you display your card by SO# instead of WTSTEP a formula like the one below might get you what you need:

SUM(`Sales Price`- `Actual Cost`)/SUM(`Sales Price`)

If for some reason you'd need to display things at the WTSTEP level but still need the same percentage to show on each line for the same SO#, you'd need to use a FIXED function to do this for you, something like:

SUM(SUM(`Sales Price`- `Actual Cost`) FIXED (BY `SO#`))/SUM(SUM(`Sales Price`) FIXED (BY `SO#`))

Hope this helps, (I'm guessing Actual Cost would be the addition of the 4 columns you have with the Cost word in them, so you'd need to put those in parenthesis and add them instead).

• b_rad
    b_rad Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think your beast mode calculation should be as below.

1. (SUM(`Sales Price`) - SUM(`Actual Cost`))/SUM(`Sales Price`)

Try and let us know.

Answers

• jtrollinger
    jtrollinger Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Update / FYI the Sale Price is a Single Line Field where as Actual Material Cost is multiple lines Summed within Card. This is what is causing me frustration / confusion.

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I see in your example that the 3 entries share the same SO#, so would the % you're trying to calculate be at the SO# level? if that is the case if you display your card by SO# instead of WTSTEP a formula like the one below might get you what you need:

SUM(`Sales Price`- `Actual Cost`)/SUM(`Sales Price`)

If for some reason you'd need to display things at the WTSTEP level but still need the same percentage to show on each line for the same SO#, you'd need to use a FIXED function to do this for you, something like:

SUM(SUM(`Sales Price`- `Actual Cost`) FIXED (BY `SO#`))/SUM(SUM(`Sales Price`) FIXED (BY `SO#`))

Hope this helps, (I'm guessing Actual Cost would be the addition of the 4 columns you have with the Cost word in them, so you'd need to put those in parenthesis and add them instead).

• jtrollinger
    Options

I tried your first solution but the answer is not correct. I am getting 49% when I do the simple math in Excel. Here it is showing 39% ????

• jtrollinger
    Options

Excel Calculation is not matching Calculation in DOMO. Used this calculation.

• b_rad
    b_rad Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think your beast mode calculation should be as below.

1. (SUM(`Sales Price`) - SUM(`Actual Cost`))/SUM(`Sales Price`)

Try and let us know.

• jtrollinger
    Options

Marcel, I found the issue on this. I had two different numbers labor and
    material being represented by a single field jt158_WTExtendedCost that
    are differentiated by the WT#. I created a Function in the ETL to break
    this out and I was able to get it to work with your second formula.
    Thank you for your assistance.