Is there a way to "lock" the beast mode with in another beast mode?

Options

When I create a beast mode formula for say "X" then I want to create another beast mode which uses "X" and some other calc. How do I "lock" the original beast mode X so that I can update X later?

Currently when you create/ use Y the beast mode for X shows up as the whole formula and isn't an exact field/ reference name. So when I want to update X later, I have to update beast mode X and then redo the formula for Y as it does not automatically update what I wrote for X

Best Answer

• DataMaven
    DataMaven Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have heard that the functionality you are looking for is coming. At this time, when you select a beast mode to include in a subsequent beast mode, it just inputs the formula, as you have seen. I didn't see this in the most recent release notes, but I am told that this functionality is getting ready for testing.

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• DataMaven
    DataMaven Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have heard that the functionality you are looking for is coming. At this time, when you select a beast mode to include in a subsequent beast mode, it just inputs the formula, as you have seen. I didn't see this in the most recent release notes, but I am told that this functionality is getting ready for testing.

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"