Filter Select: 2-day or 3-day data

Options

Hello, is there a way in DOMO beastmode that we can filter cards and show past 2-day or past 3-day data?

For example, the current date is 7/21/23:

If I select past 2-day data: this will only show data from 7/19 and 7/20.

If I select past 3-day data: this will show data from 7/18, 7/19 and 7/20.

Best Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Zel Yes, you can create a beast mode filter to exclude the current day like this:

case when `Date` = CURRENT_DATE() then 'Exclude' else 'Include' end

• ColemenWilson
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Last 2 days:

CASE WHEN Date >= CURRENT_DATE() - INTERVAL 2 DAY AND Date != CURRENT_DATE() THEN 'Include'

ELSE 'Exclude' END

Last 3 days:

CASE WHEN Date >= CURRENT_DATE() - INTERVAL 3 DAY AND Date != CURRENT_DATE() THEN 'Include'

ELSE 'Exclude' END

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can use Michelle's suggestion to exclude today dynamically and then you can use the date range filter on the card and choose last 3 days or last 2 days, which can be easier to maintain and is an easier visual cue for the end user to know the data range of the card. It also allows them to change it to other date ranges, if needed, while still excluding today with the Michelle's beast mode.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Zel Yes, you can create a beast mode filter to exclude the current day like this:

case when `Date` = CURRENT_DATE() then 'Exclude' else 'Include' end

• Zel
    Zel Member
    Options

hi @MichelleH, thank you for this. how about the 2 day and 3 day beast mode? can you also help me with this, too?

• ColemenWilson
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Last 2 days:

CASE WHEN Date >= CURRENT_DATE() - INTERVAL 2 DAY AND Date != CURRENT_DATE() THEN 'Include'

ELSE 'Exclude' END

Last 3 days:

CASE WHEN Date >= CURRENT_DATE() - INTERVAL 3 DAY AND Date != CURRENT_DATE() THEN 'Include'

ELSE 'Exclude' END

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• Zel
    Zel Member
    Options

Thank you very much for your help :D

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can use Michelle's suggestion to exclude today dynamically and then you can use the date range filter on the card and choose last 3 days or last 2 days, which can be easier to maintain and is an easier visual cue for the end user to know the data range of the card. It also allows them to change it to other date ranges, if needed, while still excluding today with the Michelle's beast mode.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Zel
    Zel Member
    Options

thank you all for your help :)