Grouping up columns to do a margin analysis

I am trying to match YTD net sales with YTD Cogs by product line to create a margin analysis in DOMO. I have the beastmodes calculating the correct YTD formulas but the columns are not on the same rows? I am not sure why but they are shifting duplicates of the rows downwards to show 2 different products per net sale and COGS

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

I'd recommend using an ETL for things like this as you already have your original values. You just need to filter them where your value isn't null then join them together based on the 1st column in your example.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• for example:

• It's because your data is on two separate rows. You'd need to either do it in a beast mode on the card or utilize an ETL to combine the data together so you have both records on the same row.

• That makes sense. Is there a beastmode that can help in this instance or should I make an etl and aggregate the columns accordingly.

Thanks

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

I'd recommend using an ETL for things like this as you already have your original values. You just need to filter them where your value isn't null then join them together based on the 1st column in your example.

• @GrantSmith Always best to talk something through haha...yes that makes total sense now. Thank you for your help on this!