How to create dynamic X range from backend or Beastmode?

At my index chart I would like to create a dynamic index when comparing 2 products.

I need to sum the value sold from each product index and plot as a grouped and stacked bar chart. Sometimes I can have much more volume on "<70" that I would like to see, but to have this today I created at the backend a fixed range.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You can build your range dynamically in Magic ETL with the use of the formula tile. I broke it up into groups of 10, but you could break it up into different groups by changing the numbers around if you wanted to. In the screenshots below, I am building a range dynamically using a few formulas:

This is what it result in:

You would then place the rangetext field in the x-axis of your card to get and it would show the necessary ranges based on the data.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You can build your range dynamically in Magic ETL with the use of the formula tile. I broke it up into groups of 10, but you could break it up into different groups by changing the numbers around if you wanted to. In the screenshots below, I am building a range dynamically using a few formulas:

This is what it result in:

You would then place the rangetext field in the x-axis of your card to get and it would show the necessary ranges based on the data.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • That's great!!

I'll try that on SQL script while my federated data connection from SQL server has limitation with Magic ETL.

thanks all for the support.😀