Show data of last 10 weeks

Hi,

I have a dataset that shows data year to date. And I am using an HTML card to get a table view. Is there a filter or setting that can be set, to always show the last 10 weeks of data as time goes by? I have week column and to not overload the table, I always only want the last 10 weeks data.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

there's built in filtering that would allow you to filter by weeks.

alternatively you can construct a date dimension table based on TODAY() that includes a calculation for WeekNo and a WeekLag_fromToday

Capture.PNG

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• Hi @user084060 

It's indeed possible. First you'll need to sort your date in descending fashion. This will cuase the most recent records to be put first.

The next step is to then limit the number of records being displayed within the data table. In Analyzer click the Data Table to show it on the analyzer. You can then enter 10 into the text box next to Data Table atop the data table (it defaults to all rows).

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 1.02.24 PM.png

This will restrict your table to the first 10 rows.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @GrantSmith The challenge is that the data is on a team and consultant level, meaning that 10 rows are not equal to 10 weeks. Can you think of any other workaround?

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

there's built in filtering that would allow you to filter by weeks.

alternatively you can construct a date dimension table based on TODAY() that includes a calculation for WeekNo and a WeekLag_fromToday

Capture.PNG

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.