Cloning drill-down cards

Options

When you create a new domo card using the 'save as' of a previous card, it is possible to retain all the associated drill-down views for that card as well? It appears that when you 'save as' it only replicates the primary top-card.

Similarly, it is possible save a drill-down view of a card as the top level of a new domo card?

Best Answer

• user08235
    user08235 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

@carlosdomoslim Ah! I've figured it out. You have to use the 'save as' feature when you're NOT in the card analyzer - then it will save all the associated drill-down visuals with the copied version.

I was using the 'save as' feature when I was in the card analyzer, and in that case, it does not save the drill-down visuals to the copied card. 

This will save me LOTS of time! Thank you!

Answers

• Unknown
    Options

1) Using 'Save As' should preserve all layers, including drill-downs

2) It is not possible to save a drill down view as a top level card

• user08235
    Options

Hm, when I complete 'save as' of an original card, the saved as version does not seem to include all drill-down views. I even tried 'save as' without changing the name of the card in case that was preventing the drill-downs from being copied, but even with the same card name, the drill-downs were not copied. Am I missing something?

See attachments for examples.

• Unknown
    Options

1) Just to make sure, did you 'Save As' after you saved the drill downs in the original?

Can you try deleting the new card and doing 'Save As' again?

• user08235
    user08235 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

@carlosdomoslim Ah! I've figured it out. You have to use the 'save as' feature when you're NOT in the card analyzer - then it will save all the associated drill-down visuals with the copied version.

I was using the 'save as' feature when I was in the card analyzer, and in that case, it does not save the drill-down visuals to the copied card. 

This will save me LOTS of time! Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.