Page Analyzer

RGranada
RGranada Contributor

In terms of users what is the scope of page analyzer. Some times i do note that when a user set's up a page analyzer filter other users see that filter too.

Is this suppose to happen ?

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
**You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.

Comments

• @RGranada Yes. This is expected behavior. Anytime anyone with access to the page changes any of the page analyzer filters, it changes it for all users.

• is there any way to avoid that behaviour ?

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

This can be problematic as some users don't pay attencion to the icon on the cards indicating that it as a filter applyed! 

If we make a copy (Copy not a duplicate) of the Cards to another Page and the user filters themm using the page analizer there will they be filtered everywhere or just on the page the user applyed the filter?

Thank you

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • That's a great question. I don't know the answer off the top of my head. I would have to test it out to know for sure. But I wouldn't expect filtering on one page to affect filters on cards on anothter page.

• @paulogaspar What you are describing is what we call "sticky filters". That feature is coming and is currently in beta. In the meantime, any user who is above a Participant level user can add/remove page filters. The values each user chooses for the filters is specific to them, but which filters exist can be changed by anyone. So you could make everyone with access to the page just a Participant, but that may not be practical.

I know that's not the ideal situation, and I wish I had a better answer for you, but the good news is that it will be changing in the future.

This discussion has been closed.