Can i convert columns to rows?

Shevy
Shevy Contributor
I have a data source that has data in columns based on dates or Yearmonth formats. I need to pull some of that data out and convert it to a row. For Example: Column 1 Column 2 201510 500 201511 600 201512 700 201601 300 201602 900 I need to create a table: 201510 201511 201512 201601 Row 1 500 600 700 300 Can I do this with a Magic ETL or will I have to use a transform? Any thoughts and ideas will be appreciated!
Dojo Community Member
** Please like responses by clicking on the thumbs up
** Please Accept / check the answer that solved your problem / answered your question.

Best Answer

• Shevy
    Shevy Contributor
    Answer ✓
    The simple answer is yes you can - there is a Magic ETL widget "Uncollapse Columns" that will do what you are looking to do in Magic. I have not used it yet, so i cannot give you step by step instructions but i saw a demo at appeared fairly straight forward.
    Dojo Community Member
    ** Please Accept / check the answer that solved your problem / answered your question.

Answers

• Shevy
    Shevy Contributor
    OK so that did not post well.... First table Colums are dates and values Output table puts the dates as column headers and the values as a single row.
    Dojo Community Member
  • Shevy
    Shevy Contributor
    Answer ✓
    The simple answer is yes you can - there is a Magic ETL widget "Uncollapse Columns" that will do what you are looking to do in Magic. I have not used it yet, so i cannot give you step by step instructions but i saw a demo at appeared fairly straight forward.
    Dojo Community Member