"Warning: Not all the data is shown."

DOMO is truncating my data and showing the above message due to a large amount of rows being used. When I write 100,000 in the 'Limit rows', replacing 'All rows', the warning message is removed (100,000 is the maximum I could put there). However, data is still truncated in the visualization, therefore having a summary number which doesn't match with the numbers coming from the bars in the chart when adding them up. Since there seems to be no way around this, what is the logic behind the truncation of data from DOMO's end? Is this just done by choosing the first 100K rows or is it done in a specific manner?

Comments

• It's done to optimize performance. My company works with datasets that have millions of rows. I wouldn't expect Domo to have dropdown filters and such with millions of entries. So I aggregate the data beforehand or set filtering so it breaks up the data to something reasonable to handle on a card.

It's my understanding that by default, Domo pulls the first 100,000 rows as ordered by the dataset's internal order or the query's order. The data that appears in the visualization comes from the first chunk of rows, without reordering or prioritizing values.

The order of rows is usually based on how the dataset is structured or ordered when brought into Domo. If your data isn't sorted by a relevant field (like date, category, or value), then Domo simply grabs the first 100,000 rows as they appear in the dataset.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• Typically this message will show up in table cards where you are trying to display every row in a dataset. Domo can sum up millions of rows in a bar graph without that message displaying. Do you have something in your series or sorting that is not allowing the graph to aggregate? If there are still a high number of rows after aggregating then this message may appear. Try just having something in the x and y values and make sure the x isn't something that highly unique like a part number.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.