How to create a collection for public embedded form bricks

I have customized a Form & Dataset domo brick. Powered datasets by mapping to dataset 0,1,2 and also created a new collection and mapped it, changed the schema of dataobject as per customized form. The data is storing to my collection on local server. However I am stuck with two issues here

1. The data is stored locally but not when embedded externally, data is not stored in the AppDB collection
2.I am trying to use Queryparams for the hidden fields in URLs and update my App DB collection based on the Queryparams which is not taking through the embedded I-Frame

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MattTheGuru
    MattTheGuru Contributor
    Answer ✓

1.) The AppDB is not available through DDX bricks only through Custom Apps (I have built many to utilized the AppDB if you want to send me some code I can rewrite scripts to show how that would work for a custom App instead.

2.) Queryparams of the parent website will not be accessible to an iframe (this is a rule that is set by browsers and isn't data you will be able to grab).

** Was this post helpful? Click 💡/💖/👍/😊 below. **
    ** If it solved your problem. Accept it as a solution! ✔️ **

Or do you need more help? https://calendly.com/matthew-kastner/15-minute-chat
    Did I help you out? Feedback is priceless and will help me more than you know.Write a review!

Answers

• MattTheGuru
    MattTheGuru Contributor
    Answer ✓

1.) The AppDB is not available through DDX bricks only through Custom Apps (I have built many to utilized the AppDB if you want to send me some code I can rewrite scripts to show how that would work for a custom App instead.

2.) Queryparams of the parent website will not be accessible to an iframe (this is a rule that is set by browsers and isn't data you will be able to grab).

** Was this post helpful? Click 💡/💖/👍/😊 below. **
    ** If it solved your problem. Accept it as a solution! ✔️ **

Or do you need more help? https://calendly.com/matthew-kastner/15-minute-chat
    Did I help you out? Feedback is priceless and will help me more than you know.Write a review!

• Thank you for your response. How you you prefer my code to be sent?