Error in workbench, Dataset is currently locked and cannot be executed right now

I created a dataset with the following SQL query 6/1/24, and on 8/8/24 I began getting the following error: The dataset is currently locked and cannot be executed right now. The likely cause is the Job is open in the UI or has unsaved changes.

I have confirmed that the job is not open in the UI and has no unsaved changes, are there any other potential causes?

SELECT RTRIM(CONCAT(RTRIM(ie.[ItemNumber]),RTRIM(ie.[SkuDesign]),RTRIM(ie.[SkuColor]),RTRIM(ie.[SkuSize]))) as SKU
,ie.marketingeffort
,ie.marketingeffortyear
,ie.itemnumber
,ie.skudesign
,ie.skucolor
,ie.skusize
,ie.DATELASTUPDATED
,ie.RETAILPRICEWEB
,ie.RETAILPRICEMAPS
,ie.EFFORTPRICE
,ie.CURRENTPAGE
,ie.ONSALE
,ie.BRINGBACK
,ie.PERCENTOFPAGE
,ie.PERCENTOFPAGEESTIMATED
,ie.DELETEDFLAG
,ie.QTYFORECASTED
,ie.QTYPLANNED
,ie.ENVIRONMENTALID
,ie.ENVIRONMENTALIDDESCRIPTION
,ie.SHIPPINGCOST
,ie.QTYBACKORDER
,ie.SPREADDESCRIPTION
,ie.PRODUCTSTATUS
,ie.PRIOR_QTYFORECASTED
,ie.PRIOR_QTYPLANNED
,ie.QTYBACKORDERLTD
,ie.VENDORNAME
,ie.REFERENCEEFFORT
FROM [Analytical].[dbo].[ItemEffortCurrent] ie with (nolock)

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

if your data is exactly the same then you can swap it out but be mindful of any downstream triggers that may be reliant on your old data

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• Are you sure its referring to the output dataset? Does your SQL have input datasets that may be locked?

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• Have you attempted updating the dataset previously and it failed? It may be stuck in an updating state. You may need to reach out to Domo support to have them fix it in the backend

• Yes, I have confirmed that the problem is not input dataset that is locked. If forced to delete this job & re-create it in the workbench, would my downstream workflows that already use this data still work as long as I re-create the job identically?

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

if your data is exactly the same then you can swap it out but be mindful of any downstream triggers that may be reliant on your old data