Beast Mode Question

I have a column called "Number of Units Beginning 2024" which shows the number of units at the beginning of the year, and a column called "Net Gain" which shows the number of units gained or lost each month. Is it possible to use Beast Mode to show the number of units at the end of each month?

Answers

• Perhaps I'm not fully understanding your question. But it sounds like you can take the Net Gain column and add that to the Month column to get your month ending balance. It looks like you already have this column in your example screenshot. What am I missing?

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**

• It looks like there is a "by month" or date dimension you are not including in your question that is relevant. Is there a date dimension to this? What is the granularity (frequency) of the data? Is it transactional, weekly, monthly, etc?

I think you want to do this at the dataflow level if possible and have a "units beginning" column that is cumulatively adding the net gain every month if this is monthly…. Also what is the business question, that would be helpful in answering this, what is the intention behind this chart/table? How is it being used?

• nmizzell
    nmizzell Contributor

Could you provide an example in excel of what you want the final table to look like, and an example also in excel of your dataset?

• Chuqi_D
    Chuqi_D Member

This is what my dataset looks like, So basically # of units = the cells above + Net Gain, if the month is January it should be = #Units beginning of the year + Net Gain